- The minimum age for any chorus member is 18.
- All members are expected to attend a minimum of 75% of all scheduled rehearsals, attend all dress rehearsals and specially called rehearsals. If a member needs to miss a dress rehearsal or cannot attend the minimum rehearsals for a performance, it is at the director's discretion whether they may participate in the performance.
- A newsletter is distributed periodically via email and at rehearsals with announcements about schedule and concert updates.
- Dress rehearsals are almost always the Thursday or Friday night before the performance. Any changes in this schedule will be announced several weeks prior to performance. Call times are also announced in the weeks prior to performance and are generally one to two hours prior to performance time. You may dress comfortably for the dress rehearsals - no concert black.
- Solos are assigned by the director with any necessary tryouts scheduled several weeks prior to performance.
- The Chorus uniform dress code is the responsibility of each member and is as follows with no exceptions:
- All members must be fully vaccinated in order to participate in the 2021-2022 season.
- The Germantown Community Chorus Board of Directors is committed to providing a safe space for members to rehearse and perform. While this may change later in the season, this is the decision that the Board has made in order to protect members and their families.
- The CDC is urging all people to wear masks in indoor settings due to the Delta variant. Schools and many other singing groups will be mandating masks. While we are not requiring members to wear a mask currently, we strongly suggest them and request that members be mindful and do what is best for themselves and their families. There is a style of masks designed for singers if members choose to purchase or make one.
- The CDC states that singing is safest if all participating members are vaccinated. The Board understands that singing does still pose risks to members even if vaccinated, which is why unvaccinated members must be protected from exposure. If you are unable to be vaccinated, or have your own personal reasons for not doing so, and still want to be involved somehow with the Chorus, please let us know. There may be other ways you can help this season.
- Any member exposed to Covid-19 or experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms should notify the Chorus and must follow current guidelines for quarantining and refrain from participating in any Chorus rehearsals or events for the duration of the quarantine.
- Any member receiving a positive Covid-19 diagnosis must inform a member of the Chorus' Board in order to notify any other members with risk of exposure to be tested. The next rehearsal may be cancelled or held virtually. Any member with a confirmed case must receive a negative test result before attending a rehearsal or event.
- All members must sign a statement that they are fully vaccinated and that releases the Germantown Community Chorus from any liability resulting from a positive Covid-19 diagnosis, before being able to participate in the 2021-2022 season. In return, the Germantown Community Chorus promises to do its due diligence to follow Covid-19 guidelines and keep members as safe as possible.